[Texmacs-dev] qt painting

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] qt painting
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:36:41 +0100

What is it about qt that makes texmacs so slow with qt?

I've understood it to be that we are doing aync-paint handling with qt but sync painting with X.

Is that the reason?

What is the reason why we can't do sync paint with qt (and maybe save the bitmap for async repaint messages)?

Is it because sync paint isn't supported by qt?
Or some other reason?

I ask because I need to crack this so I can expand use of literate programming in my department without getting forced back to lyx.

Sam