[Texmacs-dev] Re: Qt-TeXmacs: Pile of patches

From: Gubinelli Massimiliano
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Qt-TeXmacs: Pile of patches
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:18:31 +0200

Hi Norbert,
I've applied manually your patch for the event-loop. One problem that I have with it is that in absence of explicit input from the user the timer does not fire and interpose_handler is not called. This is not the right behavior since TeXmacs manages some internal timers and sockets which need to be polled at least at regular intervals. You have already a problem since the initial messages in the footer (which are handled via TeXmacs internal timers) are frozen in your patched version (the footer always show "Booting").

It is not clear to me how to handle this properly.

Best,

Massimiliano