Re: [Texmacs-dev] First results on Schemes, Lisps & others

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] First results on Schemes, Lisps & others
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 11:34:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 23 May 2004, David MENTRE wrote:
> David MENTRE <address@hidden> writes:
> >  - cmucl (common lisp) and bigloo (scheme) are close to each other and
> >    are both very fast. Both of them are compiled and I don't know how
> >    they can be used and their speed in interpreter mode;
>
> I've looked at Schemes (both interpreter and compiler) on my debian and
> found following packages:
>
> mit-scheme
> mzscheme
> scm
> rscheme
> stalin
> gauche
> elk
> stklos
>
> Which one are you the most interested in?

I imagine that they are all free (since they are supported by Debian)?

> Stalin is first candidate because Doug as already written the test for.

That is really politically incorrect and not a funny name at all.
Any way, Scheme is quite standardized as a language so it should
be very easy to adapt the tests (at least instructive to know whether
that is really the case ;^).

> The second candidate would be rscheme. It seems to be a quite complete
> interpreter and compiler.

Yes, rscheme would be good. You may also try MzScheme.
I never tried the others.