Re: [Texmacs-dev] New "content" glue type

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] New "content" glue type
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:55:17 +0200 (CEST)

> So, "inserting the same tree object at different locations in a document
> through tree-set or editor operations is not allowed"

Absolutely. The tm-* interface is very low-level.

> and "trees are copied when the traverse the glue in the C++->Scheme
> direction, but not in the Scheme->C++ direction". Is that correct?

More precisely: any conversion tree->stree or stree->tree amounts
to the result being synthesized. In particular, tree->stree->tree
is equivalent to copying a tree.

> Are there other gotchas to be aware of?

No, except that the tm-* interface will probably be replaced by
something more secure later on. But don't worry about that:
I will keep things upward compatable for a long while,
modulo possible renamings.