Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Old French files in doc

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Old French files in doc
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:13:38 +0200 (CEST)

> > It is also a good idea to notify me about important changes,
> > and tell me one specific file where a change occurred.
>
> All files to tell the truth, except the tutorial branch, since there is
> still a problem with netpbm stream relating to the images. As soon as
> you told me you planned to update to release 11 on Tuesday night, I've
> made my best to comply with the dead line (which I reached), but it was
> not worth it apparently :-)

Hmm; maybe you checked out too late then. When I start compiling,
things are already frozen... In any case, never mind; your changes
will be taken into account in the next version. It suffices to drop
an email to me for this to happen.

> Some files in about branch (the newest ones) and in develop branch are
> not either translated either fully translated, that's why I did not
> tell you it's finished.

It is not worth it to translate most files in the developers branch.
Only the documentation about style files and plugins is really important.

On the other hand, I added a new chapter in main/styles.

> Maybe it should be better to do it systematically to ensure any changes
> are taken into account. Or better tell us one hour or so (or any
> convenient delay for you) before you update the package, and then we
> can tell us yes there are changes or not there are no, I mean till we
> can rely on an automatic notice, which is still pending (the guy on cvs
> hacker seems not to know how to do it, at least the last time I checked
> it, may have changed though).

I think that we have to be patient until the GNU hackers wake up.
After that, things will surely become better.