[Texmacs-dev] Re: Update for the translation

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Update for the translation
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:26:07 +0200 (CEST)

> > Tiennes razón. En la proxima versión de TeXmacs,
> > habrá una función « localize » para traducir una palabra
> > en la idioma corriente. Entonces, tendrás que escribir
> > <key|<apply|localize|enter>> en cambio de <key|enter>.
>
> Should I already change the French doc with this or wait till version
> 10.1.11 is out ? Then who does write the thesaurus? and how (just in
> case I should)?

I made the automatic translation system of special keys
even more fine-grained. In version 1.0.1.11 there will be
macros "key-return", "key-left", "key-shift", etc.
These macros only yield the *words* "return", "left", etc.
translated in the current language. In other words,
these macros should still be placed inside a <key|...>.

You don't need to wait for the new version (which will
be released tomorrow anyway) in order to use these new
macros in translations. Indeed, I just committed
the updated English documentation. You may just copy and
paste the <key|...>s you find there. The macros will display
in an erroneous way, but this will disappear as soon as
you upgrade to the new version.