Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bracket convenience

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bracket convenience
Date: 21 Mar 2003 14:48:45 -0700

Another point that comes to mind:

Whatever we decide to do, I would like to keep the matched pair as 2
separate entities, in contrast to something like the macros I described,
namely:

<assign|roundbrackets|<macro|x|<left|(><arg|x><right|)>>>

This is bad, because one cannot delete only 1 of the brackets, once this
structure is used.

I know, I'm probably just being paranoid.  It's just that I would like
to make absolutely, completely certain that a better implementation of
(make-brackets) will not cause the left and right brackets to become
tied in away similar to the one above, if such an implementation should
ever arise.