[Texmacs-dev] Re: Bug in Maxima session?

From: david
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Bug in Maxima session?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:40:13 +0100

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 01:38:03PM -0000, rbm wrote:
> By the way, I had installed the TeXmacs-1.0.1 on FreeBSD-4.7R. tm_octave
> can't
> work normally in TeXmacs since the sh "bash" is not in  "/bin" but
> "/usr/local/bin".
> Change the first line in tm_octave,
>   #!/usr/local/bin/bash
> then it works well.

AFAIK, the correct portable way to specify hash-bang lines for
non-POSIX commands is:

  #! /usr/bin/env bash

I read that some BSD implementations use '#! /' as a 4 bytes magic
number. They are probably all obsolete now, but that does not hurt.

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org