Re: @smallindentedblock, etc.

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: @smallindentedblock, etc.
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 22:01:19 +0100

On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 07:49:55PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Patrice - I think we may as well do @smallindentedblock too?
> As long as we're at it.

Ok, makes sense.

> Also, it appears to me that @flushleft and @format are the same: neither
> narrows the margin, neither switches fonts, both are line-for-line.  Is
> there something that distinguishes them in makeinfo?

Yes, they are different.  In HTML, @format is in <pre> while @flushleft
is simply in a <p align="left">.  In Info the spaces are kept as is in
@format, but processed as if it was in a paragraph in @flushleft.

For example

@format
aaa  bb
  cc
@end format

@flushleft
aaa  bb
  cc
@end flushleft

leads to

aaa  bb
  cc

aaa bb
cc

> If you could take a look at the refcard and check the descriptions of
> the various environments, that would be great.  (I just split them into
> more subsections.)  Or, for that matter, the whole thing :).

Ok.

--
Pat