a @codeasis{something ----- other} command?

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: a @codeasis{something ----- other} command?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:30:27 +0100

Hello,

Right now, there is not @-command that allows to have --, ---, `` and ''
kept as is in a running text, without change in font or, in case of Info
surrounding quotes.  I am not completly sure that it would be useful in
real life, but as I have felt the need for translated strings, maybe it
could be added?

For example translating @error{} to error--> is not really possible because
-- is mangled.  In general one wants the mangled output, but maybe there are
cases when people want to keep --- and so on as ---.  I also remember the
case of th eCVS manual where keeping some --- as is would have make partially
sense (only partially because the length of the ---------- line is not the
same than the length of letters in normal font).

Not a big deal, and maybe to do after the release...

--
Pat