techne-devel

Re: [Techne-devel] WebKitGTK+ removal in Fedora 27+ due to security issu

From: Tadej Janež
Subject: Re: [Techne-devel] WebKitGTK+ removal in Fedora 27+ due to security issues
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 10:20:37 +0200

Hello Dimitris,

On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 17:03 +0300, Dimitris Papavasiliou wrote:

> I haven't worked on Techne for a while, especially on version 0.2,
> which
> is used by Billiards, but I don't think it would be too hard to port
> the
> frontend to WebkitGtk2.

Ok, understood.

>   Do you think it would be worth our effort to
> continue providing the package?  Do you have any way of telling
> whether
> anyone is using it?  I haven't had any communication on Billiards for
>
> long time.

These are really good questions. I have no way of telling how many
Fedora users use the Billards package.

I must admit I don't use it anymore and just keep it packaged in hopes
somebody finds it useful. But if you also say you haven't had any
communication on it for a long time, maybe its time to retire the
package?

Best regards,
Tadej