taler

Re: [Taler] Website update

From: Florian Dold
Subject: Re: [Taler] Website update
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:07:14 +0100

On 03/13/2017 09:55 PM, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my first spontaneous impression: This looks like a funeral home.
>
> No offence meant, but the logo was looking somewhat like a crucifix
> already. Now also the web.site decoration is black in white. IMHO the
> front-page is in urgent need of some colour. (I'd also suggest to
> redesign the logo, but I assume somebody's heart is hanging on this
> one.) I'm not a designer, so I can't provide a proposal. Sorry. But hey,
> what about making the logo a shining gold coin?

I'm not attached to the logo or color scheme at all, we just don't have
any alternatives so far, and nobody in our core team is a graphic
designer.  I'm also against the golden coin logo though, it's not the
right association.  Taler is FLOSS end-user payments infrastructure,
there is no mining and also no currency.  Enough people already falsely
think that Taler has its own currency.

Do you have any comments on the content and structure though?  This is
where the most changes went into. We've gotten feedback from people new
to Taler that they didn't really understand more about it after reading
the website, and that's one of the things we addressed.  It's also why
we added an FAQ section.

If somebody wants to help us make the website move lively, that would be
great!  It's a separate matter from the text and basic structure though.

- Florian