sysvinit-devel

[sysvinit-devel] killall5 does not wak up after sleep 5

From: Arshad, Farrukh
Subject: [sysvinit-devel] killall5 does not wak up after sleep 5
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 10:18:57 +0000

Greetings,

I have created a custom embedded linux distribution for ARM platform using
Yocto project. My sysv utilities version is 2.88. The problem I am facing is
when I restart my system and /etc/init.d/sendsigs script is called, it does not
woke up after a sleep of 5 seconds hence unable to send KILL -9 signal and the
system hangs in the sleep. I have checked it with the strace sleep 5 and again
it is stuck in the nanosleep system call. The problem does not seems to have
any issue with sysv but it looks like scheduler does not wake up the script
process. I will appreciate any help or pointers about where should I look to
fix the issue.

Regards,
Farrukh Arshad.