[Synaptic-devel] quick filter

From: Gary Bollenbach
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] quick filter
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:17:37 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All,

I have an unimportant question about Synaptic. On one of my distros I have
version 0.81.3, and it has the 'Quick Filter' set up in the menu bar. This is a
very convenient feature, as it reacts 'live' to any entered text. On another
distro I have version 0.84.3. I have not been able to configure it to show the
Quick Filter, and still need to use the dialog box, which takes slightly
longer. Can you tell me the steps to configure for the 'Quick Filter'?

thanks,
GB