[Synaptic-devel] new strings

From: Daniel Nylander
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] new strings
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 18:42:55 +0200

I have no idea if this mailing list is still active.. hope so.

However, I downloaded the Swedish gutsy translation, updated the main
Synaptic bzr branch, ran intltool-update -m, added all missing files to
POTFILES.in, ran intltool-update sv, and got hundreds of new strings

637 translated messages, 158 fuzzy translations, 131 untranslated messages

Why aren't these strings in the latest Gutsy translation template?
Why doesn't Synaptic have it's own "upstream" translation in Launchpad?
I guess that the latest Gutsy translations are considered to be
"upstream" for Synaptic, does these translations get into the released
source code? (I'm thinking about spreading the translations to other
distributions who also use Synaptic)

--
Daniel Nylander (CISSP, GCUX, GCFA)
Stockholm, Sweden