[Synaptic-devel] Orphaned Packages Filter

From: linux_user98765
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Orphaned Packages Filter
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 12:30:23 -0800 (PST)

Basically I'm looking for a deborphan/debfoster replacement.  Synaptic
would be ideal for this, and even offers custom filters, but I haven't
been able to configure them as I'd like:

NOT Depended
Installed Packages
Dependent Packages excluding .* (ideally <installed>)

Orphaned
Orphaned Packages
`deborphan` (ideally `deborphan -a`)

I don't really care about the "keep" list, I'm just looking for an
intuitive easy to use way to purge orphaned packages.  At the moment,
I'm using debfoster/deborphan in conjunction with Synaptic, but I'd
prefer not to have to invoke debfoster/deborphan directly.

TIA!