Re: [Synaptic-devel] Re: Welcome to the "Synaptic-devel" mailing list (D

From: Michael Vogt
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:12:00 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 01:16:00AM +0200, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:
> How do I get in contact with the Norwegian translator on this project?
> The translation seems to need some finishing (at least on the
> ubuntu-hoary release, I don't know if it's been updated since that),
> but I couldn't find any translator's list anywhere... If there is no
> current Norwegian translator, I could probably lend a hand (I've
> already translated Audacity with website to Norwegian (bokmål)).

Thanks for your mail and thanks for your interesst in helping with a
synaptic translation. There are two Norwegian translations:
https://oops.kerneljanitors.org/repos/synaptic/trunk/po/nb.po
https://oops.kerneljanitors.org/repos/synaptic/trunk/po/no.po

as I understand it, one language-code (IIRC "no") is phased out in
favour of "nb" (but I may be wrong here). On the top of the po-file is
usually a "Last-Translator" field. It's probably best to conntact the
person listed there.

If you need more information I'm happy to help :)

Cheers,
 Michael