Re: [Synaptic-devel] First Pre-Release of 0.56 (fresh translation)

From: Vincent van Adrighem
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] First Pre-Release of 0.56 (fresh translation)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:38:27 +0100

Op ma, 22-11-2004 te 11:07 +0100, schreef Michael Vogt:
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 01:40:24PM +0100, Vincent van Adrighem wrote:
> > Op vr, 19-11-2004 te 23:37 +0100, schreef Michael Vogt:
> > > It contains some i18n updates, removes the glitches of 0.55, needs
> > > gtk2.4 and adds a first version of the log-file support. All commits
> > > will be logged and can be viewed under "File/View commit log". It does
> > > not (yet) log the output of the package-manager, but this is planed as
> > > a optional feature for the future. When the final 0.56 comes out a
> > > better Changelog will be written :)
> > Thanks for sharing the tarball. I've updated the translation for the
> > Dutch language. Could you please commit this for me?
>
> Thanks, commited (from your other mail) :)
>
> > On a side note: when I compile this on my Debian Sid system I get a
> > "Cannot find Bitstream Vera Sans" error and synaptic won't start. This
> > is probably some problem with my own build-system. Just thought I'd let
> > you know, just in case.
>
> Thanks. Can you please send me your /root/.synaptic/synaptic.conf so
> that I can try to reproduce it? Even if synaptic can not find that
> font, it should start :)

Synaptic compiles and starts just fine now. I can't reproduce the
problem anymore. But it is a problem with my build-system. Maybe I had
some weird fontconfig files hanging around.

Anyway. the problem seems to have disappeared now. Never mind the
mailinglist noise. Synaptic 0.56 works very good btw.

Kind regards,
Vincent van Adrighem
--
Help mee met het vertalen van GNOME. Kijk op http://nl.gnome.org/ voor