Re: [Synaptic-devel] Bugfix release 0.55.1

From: Leendert Meyer
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Bugfix release 0.55.1
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 02:07:05 +0100

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 23:59, Michael Vogt wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>

> I uploaded the bugfix release 0.55.1 of synaptic. It contains no
> string changes from 0.55 and fix some small problem like a missing
> glade file. It also has a updated japanese translation (thanks to
> Daisuke SUZUKI).
>
> Get it at:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/synaptic/

Great! :))

Could not get 0.55 to compile on SuSE 9.2, but this one (0.55.1) compiled
instantly. :)

One little thing that bugged me: I noticed a toolbar handle, and of course ;}
I tried to move the toolbar. Poof, toolbar gone. Tried to unhide the toolbar
via the menu, but I had to 'hide' it first to mark it as hidden. And now I
can't get the toolbar back.

Perhaps restarting synaptic works? ... Nope. Does unhide now work? Nope. Hmm,
does setting 'Icons Only' work? Poof, yes!

Again, trying to reproduce, I managed to let the toolbar disappear again. This
time I hold on a bit longer with the mouse and dragged unintentionally
slightly to the left, and there I could see a tiny piece of the toolbar
appear!

So after dragging the toolbar handle, apparently the toolbar is instantly
covered by the main window.

Bug or feature?

Cheers,

Leen