Re: [Synaptic-devel] SuSE9.1:Synaptic will not install files.

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] SuSE9.1:Synaptic will not install files.
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:09:30 +0200

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 03:48:48PM +0200, Svein Hamnes Aaberge wrote:
> Some months ago the same problem was pointed out. When all the packages are
> downloaded the install-box comes up for a few seconds and then the
> installation stops.

It's likley that this happens because of failed gpg checks. You can
either use the synaptic build-in terminal (Preferences/Apply changes
in terminal window) or by starting apt-get install packagename (the
packagename that caused the problem). It is possible to disable GPG
checking:

As root, edit /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/gpg-checker.conf to set
RPM::GPG-Check from true to false.

But this is probably not what you really want as it disables the
protection against tampered rpms.

> Earlier there came up a box telling about the problem
> (conflicts etc.), but not anymore. From the posts (07 to 1 of May from
> Michael Vogt and Richard Bos) I got the impression that this was a bug tht
> would be fixed soon. Is there a way to fix it (besides using rpm to install
> the packages after downloading them with synaptic)? By the way, kynaptic
> behaves the same way, just downloading the files.

Yes, it's a bug and we know about it. It's tricky to solve, I'll give
it anothter try today.

bye,
 Michael