Re: [Synaptic-devel] Cosmetic bug in subview selection

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Cosmetic bug in subview selection
Date: 10 Jul 2004 14:05:07 +0200

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 04:47:10PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> Hi,
Hi,

sorry for my late reply.

> If Synaptic starts with anything than "Sections" view initially then the
> Sections selection in the optionmenu is gray (inactive) but is
> nevertheless selectable and does work correctly when selected. It's
> changed to active state once selected and the problem doesn't show up
> afterwards, until the next restart of Synaptic (provided that the view
> is something else than Sections). This happens on FC2, Synaptic 0.50,
> 0.51 and current svn tree (r1158).

Thanks for this very good description of the problem. I noticed this
bug as well and I'm unsure if it might be a gtk problem. I would be
happy if you could have a look and maybe find the problem :)

In the long run, we are going with the new (gtk2.4) GtkComboBox
widget. But this is not going to happen now as a lot of distros are
not shipping gtk2.4 yet.

bye,
 Michael