[Synaptic-devel] bug with purging debian configfiles - question about se

From: Marc H. Thoben
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] bug with purging debian configfiles - question about search next
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 17:45:45 +0200

Hi there !

I'm new to this list, so first off: Great software ! Accompanies me every morning during my debian/sid upgrade :-) I do like the new layout, though it was quite a transition (great, that the properties dialog became non-modal !).

I think there is a bug (debian-specific ?):
In preferences I told Synaptic to completely remove packages including configuration files, but when the removal or installation of a package marks another package to be removed, the configuration files are always left on the system (residual config). Marking a package for complete removal works as expected. No big deal...

I'm using the quick-search (ctrl+s) quite often. Is there a way to search for the next match ? If not, I propose to press ctrl+s again to search for the next match.

--
Thanks,
  Marc