[Synaptic-devel] Apply button after upgrade was: Funny Bug

From: Hein-Jan Leliveld
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Apply button after upgrade was: Funny Bug
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 01:15:37 +0200

Hello,

Last month this bug was posted:

> I'm using:
> synaptic/unstable uptodate 0.51-1
>
> And I had the "problem" that synaptic told me that there were unapplied
> updates after an upgrade. But the upgrade was successfull and there were
> no upgrades.
> I've pressed apply and the download window and the "shell window"
> appeared, vanished and I could close synaptic without the "error message".

I also use synaptic 0.51-1 from unstable.
Steps to reproduce the bug (assuming there are packages in need of
upgrading):

1) click 'Refresh' for a new package list
2) click 'installed (upgradable)' to see which packages needs upgrading
(I think this one is optional :)
3) click 'Mark All Upgrades'
4) click 'Apply'
5a) wait until everything finishes (without warnings etc.)
5b) click 'Close' to dismiss the installation console
6) click the close button of the window manager to close synaptic
WITHOUT clicking anything else in the synaptic window

An error message about unapplied changes will pop up, even if there are
no changes to make. A workaround is to first click on for example 'New
in repository', and then close synaptic.

Hein-Jan