Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.51

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.51
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:01:11 +0200

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 08:55:18PM +0200, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op woensdag 23 juni 2004 18:06, schreef Michael Vogt:
> > The biggest code changes are that you can now sort the package list by
> > status, that the package properties window is not modal
>
> What do you mean 'package properties window is not modal'?  I expected that I
> did not need to select 'properties' button to obtain information like
> dependencies, etc.
> However, I still need to select the properties button to obtain extensive
> information. Is this as designed?

For now yes. I don't have time for big changes right now, so I want to
improve the situation step by step. The properties window does now
display the information of the last selected package. So you have to
open the dialog only once and it will always be updated.

Please give it a try,
 Michael

--
The first rule of holes is: when you find yourself in one, stop digging. - PJ