[Synaptic-devel] Static synaptic?

From: comments
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Static synaptic?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:00:57 -0600 (MDT)

Anyone built synaptic statically linked?  Is there any reason why it would
not build statically?

I'll be attempting to build a static version today as we have a large
organization that is running various versions of RH and SuSE.  Some of
those versions do not have the required GTK or other libraries required to
run the latest code.  We have an internal apt server and I only want one
synaptic RPM to maintain.

Any pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Marc C.
comments AT mecworks.com