[Synaptic-devel] New release 0.37

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.37
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:51:38 +0200

Dear Friends,

It took longer than expected, but it's finally out!

We are happy to announce synaptic 0.37 today!

It will only need gtk2.0 to build, so people using older versions of
there distro can use it as well. The other NEWS:

 - optimisation of the package view, should be faster now
   (especially the flat list)
 - the "update" button for the rgfiltermanager dialog is gone,
   all changes to the filters are tracked automaticly
 - the repository dialog is glade based now
 - some basic support for sources.list.d (thanks Panu)
 - load/save changes is implemeted (you can save your changes and
   later reload them)
 - should build with gtk2.0 again (for all people that use RH8.x or
   UnitedLinux 1.0)
 - a new "not installable" filter was added
 - the search is more intelligent when it comes to multiple words,
   it behaves very much like "apt-cache search" now
   (see bug #3864 in savannah)

The biggest thing is probably the rewritten "flat list" mode. This
mode is much faster now than it was in .35,36. The speed is still not
optimal and we are still trying to improve it. Interessted people may
have a look into the etable/ branch in the subversion tree.

If you have any problems/suggestions, just let me know.

You can get it at the usual place at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=synaptic

bye,
 Michael

--
GPG Fingerprint = EA71 B296 4597 4D8B 343E  821E 9624 83E1 5662 C734
You Know You've Been Playing Too Much Nethack When...