[Synaptic-devel] Re: apt_preferences and Synaptic

From: Mike Snitzer
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Re: apt_preferences and Synaptic
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:43:19 -0700

On Tue, Mar 11 2003 at 17:53,
Gustavo Niemeyer <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Ah ha; you are correct.  It does install the appropriate package; sorry
> > about misleading you.  So in the end it seems as though Synaptic just
> > isn't displaying the correct, higher priority, version of packages.
>
> Oh!! :-)
>
> I'll fix that. Thanks.

Hey Gustavo,

Where you able to come up with a fix?

Also, I've attached a patch for a missing gsynaptic.h include; without it
r81's build fails with:

<snip>
-O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -g -DHAVE_RPM -c -o rguserdialog.o `test -f
'rguserdialog.cc' || echo './'`rguserdialog.cc
rguserdialog.cc: In member function `virtual bool
RGUserDialog::showErrors()':
rguserdialog.cc:138: `utf8' undeclared (first use this function)
rguserdialog.cc:138: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
each
   function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [rguserdialog.o] Error 1

Also, the problem I previously reported on synaptic-devel (post: "bugs in
r75") with regard to rpm causing synaptic to sleep once it is invoked in
order to upgrade a package has reappeared in r81 (likely reintroduced in
r80 though).  r79 had "fixed" the problem but maybe it was just
coincidental?  svn diff -r79:80 may help?  If you need more info let me
know.

Regards,
Mike