[Synaptic-devel] Re: [Apt-rpm] apt/synaptic improvements

From: Gustavo Niemeyer
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Re: [Apt-rpm] apt/synaptic improvements
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:41:55 -0200

Hi Michael!

> Warren asked for our pet peeves about synaptic.  What I hate is the search

Please, have in mind that Michael Vogt and myself have been working
a lot on synaptic lately. Many of these annoyances will be gone soon.
Also, feature requests for synaptic will find a better place at the
synaptic-devel mailing list.

> capablilites.  All I can find is searching for the initial letters in a
> word.  For instance, searching for 'ps' gives me psutils, but not a2ps.  I
> would like
>
> 1. To search for any characters in a package name
> 2. To search for any characters in a description

Michael Vogt has already fixed this in the latest synaptic release.

> I don't know if the this is possible with the way apt works, but I'd like
> to be able to search for filenames, too.

Currently this is not possible.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]