Re: [Synaptic-devel] french i18n

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] french i18n
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 01:43:56 +0100

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 05:07:24PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > The label_something string shouldn't be translated, they are never
> > displayed. I wonder why they are there in the first place. I'll see
> > what I can do to get rid of them.
>
> It was my assumption.

The problem seems to be glade. I don't see a way (without editing the
xml file itself) to mark strings as "don't translate".

I'm really sorry about this and I can only suggest just to ignore this
stuff for now. I hope to work out a better solution.

> > WeakDepends is a debian concept. In addition to "Depends:", we have
> > "Recommends" and "Suggests" that means, the package will work without
> > those "Recommended/Suggested" packages but it can make use of them in
> > some way.
>
> Should it be translated or is it something never
> displayed too?

No, the string "WeakDepends" will never be shown.

[..]
> > Pinned means, that the package will never upgraded through
> > apt. It'll stay the same no matter if there is a new version
> > available.
>
> What's the difference with "hold package"?

There is none. I'll have to go through the interface and make sure
that I use only one term. What do you like better? "Hold" or "Pinned"?

> Cheers, and wish you a happy new year!

Thanks! and a happy new year to you too :)

bye,
 Michael

--
GPG Fingerprint = EA71 B296 4597 4D8B 343E  821E 9624 83E1 5662 C734
You Know You've Been Playing Too Much Nethack When...