[Synaptic-devel] New release 0.31

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.31
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:55:14 +0100

Dear Friends,

I'm happy to release version 0.31 of synaptic today.

Here are the NEWS:
0.31:
 - added residual config filter
 - added "purge" menu item (basic support)
 - added easy way to search for pkg name or description
 - added russian translation, chinese translation
   (thanks to Sviatoslav Sviridov and Anthony Fok)
 - fixed some resize problems (thanks to Laurent Bonnaud)
 - fixed some problems with the pattern filter (thanks to Scomodo)

The rpm version is tested a bit, it compiles and works on a RH 8
system. The problem is, that you have to build it with:
   ./configure CXXFLAGS=" -DHAVE_RPM" ; make

The configure.in test for rpm fails on this system. As my testsystem
is dog-slow, I didn't updated the configure.in test yet. But I would
be more than happy to get patches for this. I havent't applied the
patch from Sviatoslav Sviridov that enables the RGZvtInstallProgress
for RPM based systems. I just want to check it first and I didn't had
time, yet. But it's not forgoten Sviatoslav :)

The problem with the locales should be gone.

Please report any bugs/problems with this release to me or the mailing
list.

thanks,
 Michael

--
GPG Fingerprint = EA71 B296 4597 4D8B 343E  821E 9624 83E1 5662 C734
You Know You've Been Playing Too Much Nethack When...