[Swftools-common] Fwd: Standalone version of pdf2swf

From: RDP
Subject: [Swftools-common] Fwd: Standalone version of pdf2swf
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 04:20:02 +0000

On 2 February 2015 at 04:06,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> The reason for compiling with crossbridge is that this will be a part of a
> flash based program which amongst
> other things will also be used to read pdf files and hence we’ll be using
> crossbridge to compile it as an swf.

>  as hashing functions and other requirements that then helps with the
> conversion of c/c++ code into an swf file
> without too much work/fiddling.

>That being said we’re still open to use different methods to compile the code
>into a swf. The final deliverable for the >project is an swf file of pdf2swf
>so the method used to obtain that isn’t so much of an issue.

Perfectly feasible to call an executable from within a compiled swf,
however, I'm still don't see why you are trying compile pdf2swf as an
swf(?) ,nor for that matter, embed pdf2swf inside another swf!
Especially since  Your stated wish was to use a stand-alone version, no?

In that respect, and forgive me for saying so, but it  would appear
that you are doing exactly what you don';t wish to do, namely 'giving
yourself way too much work and fiddling'! ;o)

The previous advice goes.  Work with/on one of the existing and stable
versions of pdf2swf, rather than attempting to use the last git version,
which doesn't compile cleanly.  If I get chance, I may install and test
Crossbridge with the swftools codebase, meantime, if you are hell
bent on trying this yourself, feel free to post back to this list any
errors found during attempted compilation.  The proviso being, that
any errors thrown by Crossbridge itself,  need to be supported by the
Crossbridge team. not that of SWFTools.

Regards,

Chris.