Re: [Swftools-common] SWFTools Wiki

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] SWFTools Wiki
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 18:00:51 +0200

Hi Chris,

I think it is essential to contact Matthias as soon as possible. So it
will be clear which is the current project status. It would be great, if
you could contact him.

As far as I can see, the git version from Ricardo seems to be an
outdated version, rather than a forked version from Matthias.

We already spoke about this in the past. We need a central site from
which to manage everything related to swftools.

Although this is a minor issue. The real issue is to find a group of
developers that want to take over swftools. I cannot code.

I see two main features to be implemented in swftools:

- LZMA compression for Flash files.
- Ogg Vorbis decoder (or Opus decoder, once enabled in Flash).

This is besides the bugs that have been reported to this list. I’d be
happy to help with those, but I cannot contribute code.

But having a clear statement from Matthias would help to start moving.

Chris, I’d (and I think all of us would) really appreciate, if you could
contact Matthias to clarify the situation of the project.

Many thanks for your help again,

Pablo