Re: [Swftools-common] Anybody succeeded in getting working links within

From: Lists
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Anybody succeeded in getting working links within SWF files created with pdf2swf 0.9.2?
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:11:30 +0000

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 09:50:55 +0100
Hans J Nuecke <address@hidden> wrote:

> Good morning Chris,
> thank you for your example!
> And I can confirm, that it worked immediately on my computer also.
> What surprises me is that you say you used -T 10...
> Is my assumption correct that you did it on a Linux machine?
> Can you provide further details like: what Linux, what hardware (32
> or 64 bit), ...?

64 bit system : DELL Inspirion 15-3520 - my laptop.  I use Linux by
default. ( Pure laziness on my part that I am still running claws-mail
under Windows! ;o)  )

Distro: Parabola GNU Linux : https://parablagnulinux.org with the
current Linux kernel.

Distro source packages were used to install both Scribus 1.4.3  and
SWFTools 0.9.2(.3)

Original file was created with Scribus, then exported from within
the program to pdf.  File consisted of one text object layered
over an annotation ( hyperlink ).

Then, yes, I did indeed execute,

        pdf2swf -T 10 TestDoc.pdf

to get the resulting swf.

> I will use your PDF to run a series of tests with different versions,
> different settings, on different machines.

Since you appear t0 be putting a great deal of exhaustive effort into
this Hans, how about creating a few of your own pdfs using Scribus?

        http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Download

> And put all the results in a table, referencing the files which will
> be all named differently.

Thought: how exactly do you create the pdf files which you then attempt
to convert with pdf2swf?  Just maybe the issue lies there?

> I want to better understand what will work; and why ;-)

OK.  I hope you being remunerated handsomely for this gargantuan
effort?!

> You then can help me checking that list, and if you think a certain
> combination not working on my system should work, we can focus on
> that. I expect this can be of help for others also.

It could indeed.  Who knows?

mfg,

Chris.