Re: [Swftools-common] Convert Swf back to Pdf (and render text as such)

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Convert Swf back to Pdf (and render text as such)
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 11:00:22 +0100

On 10/31/2013 09:01 PM, Dimitrios Tziouris wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have some swf files created from pdfs using swftools. Is it possible
> to convert them back to pdf while retaining text as such? This issue has
> been discussed two years ago
> <http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2011-01/msg00051.html>
> but I wanted to ask if there has been any development in the meantime,
> or if there is a third-party tool that could do the job.

Dimitrios,

although I have never used it, I think swf2pdf was part of swftools. You
might have to enable its compilation.

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=swf2pdf&submit=Search&idxname=swftools-common

I don’t know whether it keeps text as such after the conversion. (I
guess so, but I’m not sure.)

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--