Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF - Updated List of Arguments??

From: Lists
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF - Updated List of Arguments??
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:54:52 +0200

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 12:52:33 -0400
JL <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a definitive list or documentation somewhere to get the full
> list of switches/arguments/settings for PDF2WF.   I see a new Dev
> Snapshot has been posted for Windows recently (thanks so much for
> this!!) but it appears the Help option or website/wiki has not been
> updated anytime recently.

The information given on the wiki is merely straight dumps of the
ouput given by the issuing of the following two commands,

        pdf2swf

        pdf2swf -s help

Both restricted to the stable versions 0.9.1 and 0.9.2

But the wiki is a *wiki*.  Anyone can update it if they so choose.
Feel free to join in! ;o)

> I see in past message threads all sorts of options to use/try for
> possible corrections to some SWF output challenges, but no master
> list or description of what the options do.
>
> Some of these arguments include some of the following items:
>

>    - -s asprint
>    - alignfonts
>    - -s detectspaces
>    - -s space_between_lines
>    - --filter remove_invisible_characters
>    - Are there any others anyone is aware of not specified in -help ?
> ( http://wiki.swftools.org/wiki/Pdf2swf)

The commands merely need to be added to the help output.  As far as I
am aware this is only done when the options have been confirmed, and
a new stable version is released.

>    - Any that are documented that are obsolete and should no longer
> be used?

Good question.

> If there is an update to the documentation available that mentions the
> above options in detail (what they do, when to use, etc) please point
> us in the right direction to find it.

Not as far as I am aware.

That said, when not compile a list, and then they can be added to a
development version help section on the wiki?

Regards,

Chris.