Re: [Swftools-common] FSCommand problem

From: Anil Chandra
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] FSCommand problem
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:11:39 +0530

Dear Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

When I load swf *into* button, the loaded swf is intact but the button functionality is lost. It is contrary to understanding from your reply.

Since I cannot change the swf being loaded, only option left is to "load and reference swf from outside the button".

Will really appreciate an example. "clicking on the loaded swf should generate some fscommand" is a must.

Thanks again.

Anil C

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Lists <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:33:01 +0530
Anil Chandra <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is what I wanted to do.
>
> 1. Take a third party swf file and embed that in new swf file
> (loadMovie) 2. new swf file is placed on a vb6 form.
> 3. when user clicks on the new swf, fscommand should be received by
> vb6 application.
>
> First I got the fscommand working in swfc using button
>
> Code:
> .button show
>   .show button_idle as=idle
>   .show button_idle as=shape
>   .show button_idle as=area
>   .show button_hover as=hover
>   .show button_pressed as=pressed
>   .on_press:
>     this.getURL("fscommand:abcd","");
>   .end
> .end

> When the button is clicked, I am able to get fscommand event in my vb6
> application.
>
> But my requirement is that the loaded third-party swf should generate
> fscommand on click.
>
> I tried various combinations (may not be exhaustive, I confess),
> without success.
>
> Code:
> .flash filename="action4.swf" bbox=728x90 version=8 fps=60 compress
>
> .box button_idle width=728 height=90 color=red  fill=salmon line=2
> .box button_hover width=728 height=90 color=orange  fill=salmon line=2
> .box button_test width=728 height=90 color=orange  fill=salmon line=2
>
> .button show
>   .show button_idle as=idle
>   .show button_idle as=shape
>   .show button_idle as=area
>   .show button_hover as=hover
>   .show button_pressed as=pressed
>   .action:
>     this.loadMovie("mainbox.swf","");
>   .end
>   .on_press:
>     this.getURL("fscommand:abcd","");
>   .end
> .end
>
> .put show x=0 y=0 alpha=5%
> .end

> In the above try, I tried to load mainbox.swf (third party swf) into
> the button and wanted to generate fscommand through .on_press. But it
> does not work.

> Is there any way I can load third party swf file and generate custom
> fscommand?

If you load a new swf *into* the button, you will wipe out the original
swf ( and thus any script it contained ).  If no longer there, how can
it possibly work?

Either load and reference your swf from outside the button, or include
the same code in BOTH swfs.

Hope that makes sense.  If you want an example, let us know.

Regards,

Chris.