Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF Error: Couldn't create temporary font file

From: List_Subs
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF Error: Couldn't create temporary font file (swftools 0.9.2)
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 23:49:20 +0200

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:38:53 +0200
address@hidden wrote:

> I have a php script to start several processes of pdf2swf working on
> the same pdf-file.

The question, 'why, would you wish to have several process working on
the same file?', sort of pops into my head.. ;o)

> If started immediately after each other, only one process survives,
> all others die with "Error: Couldn't create temporary font file"
> logged.

Can't say I'm surprised.  They are all attempting to create/access the
same temporary file, and thus getting in each others way.  If they had
different temporary files to work on, then the problem would simply go
away.

> It seems to me this is kind of a race condition with faster version
> 0.9.2,  because if I add 1 second delay before starting subsequent
> processes no errors occur.

Which makes sense, if you think about it.

So, since you yourself created the issue, and have in one way at least,
resolved it, it begs the further question, what exactly is the issue
you have? ;o)

Regards,

Chris.