Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF Generating SWFs with Different Dimensions

From: List_Subs
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF Generating SWFs with Different Dimensions
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 17:03:26 +0200

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 12:09:10 -0400
Robert Damiano <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Right now I'm having a problem when converting 2 same sized PDF
> pages, which are resulting in a slightly different width.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
>  1. Note the dimensions of the 2 PDFs attached.  I got 1170x772 pts
>     mediabox and 585x772 pts cropbox for both PDFs
>  2. Convert both attached PDFs using the command (pdf2swf --fonts
>     --flashversion 9 --jpegquality 75 -s disablelinks -s poly2bitmap
> -s zoom=125 -p 1-1  x_pdfsam_download-issue-4060 -o test.swf)
>  3. Run the commands:
>       * swfdump -X test.swf
>       * swfdump -Y test.swf
>
> Expected result: The SWFs have the same X and Y value
>
> Actual result: SWF 1 has a X value of 1015 and SWF 2 has a X value of
> 1016
>
> This single pixel discrepancy is causing problems when trying to
> place the 2 SWFs side-by-side for viewing purposes.  Any help would
> be greatly appreciated.  Note, if you remove the poly2bitmap flag the
> dimensions become the same.

Not when I tried it they didn't!  Made not a jot of difference. ;o)

When the conversion starts, the first thing pdf2swf prints out, is the
dimenisons of the pdf it is attempting to convert.  In the case of your
supplied pdfs, respectively,

        6_pdfsam_download-issue-4060.pdf

        NOTICE  processing PDF page 1 (1015x1340:0:0)
and,

        7_pdfsam_download-issue-4060.pdf -o 7.swf

        NOTICE  processing PDF page 1 (1016x1340:1015:0)

I'd infer from the above, that pdf2swf is giving you back, exactly what
you are feeding it, and would thus appear to be working perfectly.

If I were you I'd edit the 'offending' pdf and then try again.

Regards,

Chris.