[Swftools-common] Complete newbie how-to question

From: Michael Cooley
Subject: [Swftools-common] Complete newbie how-to question
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 16:44:39 -0700

I'm a linux user who prefers using the command line whenever possible.
I've done little with graphics but I'm preparing a presentation for which
I want to do some simple animation. OpenOffice is frustrating me. Swftools
looks perfect and I've converted an office-generated pdf file with 32
"frames" to swf. But it's -really- slow. I'm unable to figure out the
timing. Can it be that I'm simply using too many frames?

This is the file: http://ancestraldata.com/recomb-pdf.swf

It takes about three seconds for each frame to advance.

Can someone get me started on this?

Thanks!
Michael Cooley