Re: [Swftools-common] PNG2SWF Issue

From: Matthew Richer
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PNG2SWF Issue
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 09:00:26 -0500

Hello everyone,

I’m now having a different issue which seems ‘oddly’ localized to Windows Server 2003 environments.  I’m attempting to run PNG2SWF and using wildcards to get my PNGs.  On Windows 7, and Server 2008 R2, the following (simplified) command runs just fine:

png2swf –o “C:\TEMP\output.swf” “C:\TEMP\*.png”

However, on Server 2003 environment I get the following error:

Couldn't open `C:\TEMP\*.png`!

Error opening input file: ` C:\TEMP\*.png`

No png files found in arguments

If I remove the double quotes around the path, it works correctly (on all tested platforms).  However, I need to keep the double quotes in case a particular installation has spaces in the path.  For example I need to be able to handle this scenario:

png2swf –o “C:\Test Folder\output.swf” “C:\Test Folder\*.png”

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this bug?  And is the bug in SWFTOOLS (also affects JPEG2SWF btw) or is it an OS thing?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Matt