[Swftools-common] Installation of swftools

From: Bernhard Kleine
Subject: [Swftools-common] Installation of swftools
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 06:03:51 +0100

Hi,
first time in this maillist.

Today I installed swftools and got it finally running: Ubuntu 11.10. I
wanted to use it for adding a PDF->SWF on my website.

Some comments: jpeglib e.g. is libjpeg on Ubuntu and on Debian, too. the
unzip is provided by libzzlib-dev and zzlib-bin, finally, the
xpdf....tar.gz is now version 3.03. Maybe you could add this to the
readme file. and underline the fact, that the header files are only
provided for in the developper (dev) files.

Otherwise, everything went smooth and the SWF prepared is shown on
www.urseetal.net using the wp-pdf-plugin which depends on pdf->swf conversion.

Greetings from the Black Forest!

Bernhard