Re: [Swftools-common] interesting challenge, willing to pay for a soluti

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] interesting challenge, willing to pay for a solution
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:10:46 +0100

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:26:02 -0700
Michael Geary <address@hidden> wrote:

> If a solution could be provided by customizing the source of
> swftools, i'm willing to pay someone to do that, assuming it
> doesn't exceed my budget.

There's a lot of source customisation going on out there. A small
donation to the project might prompt someone? ;o)

> I need to produce one swf per page, which i know i can do, but I
> also need all the *text* on the page to be placed into a named
> movieclip. I need the ability at runtime to toggle the
> visibility of the text.

Had you thought of simply masking the text?  May just be the
simpler option.  Presumably you'd wish to retain the original
font?

> That is, when i turn off the visibility of the text on the page, > we don't
> want to hide the page numbers.

I can't see a reason why that should need to happen.

> I'm open to all kinds of solutions. For example, one thing i
> thought of was to use the "-s textonly" parameter to create a series of SWFs
> without the pictures..

Maybe an example of what you are trying to do would be the order
of the say?

>  On a related note, is there some resource where all the
> possible parameters for the -s flag? i looked at -s help, but
> didn't see "textonly", so i don't know if there are other hidden > gems...

Other than the wiki version, which is very probably outdated?
Possibly!

pdf2swf -s textonly is apparently in the development sources:

  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2010-12/msg00044.html

I've not tested it myself.  Text extraction would very much depend
on how the PDFs and the resulting SWFs were rendered in the first
place though. You haven't said.

Regards,

Chris.
--