Re: [Swftools-common] FlexPaper - search not working

From: Ricardo Pedroso
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] FlexPaper - search not working
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 01:32:55 +0000

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Tim Berman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've converted a bunch of pdfs to swfs using pdf2swf on windows. Everything
> is working great except when I view the PDFs using FlexPaper the search
> field doesn't work. It says no results despite the word I'm searching for
> appearing in the text.
>
> In the PDF2SWF options I have selected the viewer to be "no viewer" Flash
> Version 8, and on the quality tab I have chosen "insert full fonts into SWF
> file" to be "yes".
>
> The text is all selectable and can be copied and pasted fine, but the search
> doesn't work.
>
> Any ideas or pointers?

I make a quick test and it worked for me using.
I used flexpaper 1.2.4

You have to give us some more information about your
versions (flexpaper and swftools at least) and/or provide
the problematic PDF.

Are you, per chance, converting everything to bitmap?
Or are you converting fonts to fonts.

Ricardo