Re: [Swftools-common] Compile CSS to SWF

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Compile CSS to SWF
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 17:06:53 +0100

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:53:08 +0200
Gerald Iakobinyi-Pich <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have am a working on a flex project that loads CSS
> resources at runtime (we compile the CSS to SWF, and
> load hat swf into our flex app). My problem is that I
> have to be able to create these SWF files at runtime,
> from data submitted by the user.
>
> Is possible to compile CSS files to SWF using swftools or some
> other free tool that works on unix environments?

You are familiar with Flex, right?  Since 'Flex' is actually
cross-platform,  what is the problem with using 'mxmlc':

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=anttasks_5.html

I've never tried the above task with swfc/as3compile, but since
the ExternalInterface ( flash.external ) class is supported, just
maybe it would also be an option?

Regards,

Chris