Re: [Swftools-common] (off-topic) bug in Flash player

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] (off-topic) bug in Flash player
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 22:00:07 +0100

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 21:05:35 +0100
Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden> wrote:

> I haven't experienced any Flash crash since a while, but I agree Flash
> can crash Firefox easily.

Depends on what kind of meddling you do! ;o)

> > Only solution.. close the browser completely, and wait for the cache to
> > clear.
> > If not do kill the offending process(es) manually with kill.
>
> I cleared all the cache and it doesn't work.

Not that easy.  Has to be a complete close, making sure all involved processes
are
defunct.

> Both firefox-3.6.12 and opera-10.63 don't work fine. I have installed a
> clean version of the plugin from the Adobe web site and it didn't work
> either.

Opera usually suffers more than Firefox does.  That said, if you are sure all
the
browsers and their plug-ins are good, that all your sound and video drivers are
also functional, then it simply leaves a poorly configured distro ( happens ),
or one that has some compatible with your laptop hardware.  Must you use Fedora
Core 14?

        http://www.linux.org/dist/

        http://distrowatch.com/

( http://www2.mandriva.com maybe, though I don't use it myself )