Re: [Swftools-common] how to use swfcombine to combine swfviewer with a

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] how to use swfcombine to combine swfviewer with a swf generated from pdf2swf
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 23:33:46 +0100

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:04:17 -0500
Mayank Jain <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can some one please guide me how to use swfcombine to combine some swfviewer
> with a swf generated from pdf2swf.
>
> I run following command
>
> #pdf2swf -z -S -w fromjod.pdf -o poesie-book.swf;  swfcombine -z
> swfviewer.swf viewpoint="poesie-book.swf" -o poesie-book.swf
>
> and I got an error message.
>
> WARNING Didn't find anything named viewpoint in file. No substitutions will
> occur.
>
> What is the concept behind the viewpoint. Can some one please suggest how to
> fix this.

The swf file you are using as the viewer, has to have an object inside it which
can contain/constrain the swf file you want to view.   In the case of the
viewers supplied with the swftools distribution, this container object just
happens to have been given the name 'viewport'.  This object can however be a
name of your own
choosing.

So, for your given example to work as is, 'swfviewer.swf' must contain an object
named 'viewpoint', because,

 swfcombine -z swfviewer.swf viewpoint="poesie-book.swf" -o poesie-book.swf

means, load the file 'poesie-book.swf' into the object 'viewpoint' which is
inside
the file 'swfviewer.swf'

To see how this works with at the swfc/as2 script level, see the section
entitled
'Load another SWF' from the SWFTools wiki,

    http://wiki.swftools.org/index.php/Swfc_Code_Snippets

HTH.

Regards,

Chris