Re: [Swftools-common] FW: Problems with IE 8 and javascript commands sen

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] FW: Problems with IE 8 and javascript commands sent to flash
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 19:41:55 +0100

>On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:20:15 +0100
>Stefan Andersson <address@hidden> wrote:

> We use swftools to convert "pdf2swf -T9 -o file.swf file.pdf" in Fedora. It
> works like a charm.
>
> Then we have created a javascript calling flash.GotoFrame(x) and it works
> fine in Firefox. It means that the flash can be activating the available
> commands like GotoFrame, Stop, Rewind etc without any problem. But in IE 8 it
> gives an undefined error. The object function is there but an "undefined
> error" in JScript occurs. When we test swf files created by other tools then
> it works fine in IE8 too.
>
> The swf file has been added statically and dynamically by an inner-html
> element. No difference with error in IE8.
>
> What is swftools doing or not doing which makes this happen? Or what is the
> problem?
>
> Stefan

At a wild guess ( since I don't have or use IE8 )..  I'd say that this has
nothing directly to do with SWFTools, more that your Javascript code needs
tweaking.   Checked for typos?

A sample snippet of code may just help us to help you.  Either that or switch
on the revised integrated debugger which I understand is now part of IE8?

Regards,

Chris
--
<address@hidden>