[Swftools-common] pdf2swf -s poly2bitmap: Font is NULL ERROR

From: Andreas M. Eberharter
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf -s poly2bitmap: Font is NULL ERROR
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:30:52 +0000

Hi,

I have xpdf-3.02-r4 installed and the PDF looks fine viewing it in xpdf, all
the fonts are clear and perfectly readable.

I did some further tests and it seems that I only get this error message if I
use the switch -s poly2bitmap:
WARNING swf_drawchar: Font is NULL
ERROR   Unknown font id

/usr/local/bin/pdf2swf -zi -T9 --flatten -s poly2bitmap -s subpixels=2 -s
jpegquality=60 -s disablelinks -s protect -s zoom=14
Final_Cut_Studio-In_depth.pdf

I read that -s poly2bitmap "Convert graphics to bitmaps", so actually, this
should not have any effect on fonts, should it?

Thanks again!
Regards, Andreas

PS. I have changed the title to reflect the change of topic :)