Re: [Swftools-common] bug embedding video SWF?

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] bug embedding video SWF?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:57:15 +0200

>On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 21:10:56 +0200
>Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Matthias kindly posted in this list an example on how to embed an SWF
> video into another SWF (thread starting from
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2008-11/msg00148.html),
> I have used this method to embed two movies at the presentation at
> http://www.ousia.tk/freeculture.php.

Then you know the method works.

> But with the following movie with sound
> (http://www.ousia.tk/thisland.swf), compiling the code above, the output
> doesn't play (http://www.ousia.tk/this-land.swf).

Then there has to be something wrong with this swf. Corrupt in some way.
I played it back in a browser, it doesn't appear to work properly.

> Having a container (http://www.ousia.tk/container.swf) and putting it on
> page 2 doesn't help either (http://www.ousia.tk/embedded.swf).
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug here?

If the embedded swf is corrupt, wrapping it in a container will
not help it be uncorrupted!

IncidentallY..

Shouldn't,

        .swf movie "thisland.swf"

actually be,

        .swf movie "this-land.swf"

Having,

        .flash filename="this-land.swf"

will wipe out your original swf file, since they both have the
*same* file name.

HTH.

Regards,

Chris.