Re: [Swftools-common] incremental loading of slides

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] incremental loading of slides
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:06:41 +0200

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 17:45:24 +0200
Boris Reitman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok,  here's what I came up with and it works!  Here it is working:
>
> http://random.hypervolume.com/loadswf.swf

Well done Boris!  ;o)

> The code is below. Some questions:

Shoot..

> - how do I pass a url parameter to swf (flashargs). As you see, now I
> have hardcoded to load "x9.swf"

There are several ways.  The easiest being so simply replace the 'x9.swf' with a
variable name.  You then pass that variable to your viewer swf via a
mime-encoded
style url.

So, your loadMovie line now becomes,

     .action:
         loadMovie(myDataSWF,_root.viewport);
     .end

and ( using your example url ), the variable is passed to the viewer swf so,

    http://random.hypervolume.com/loadswf.swf?myDataSWF=x9.swf

> - the bbox dimensions. I just looked at the dimensions of the x9.swf
> and copied them here. Is it always going to be a fixed size when I
> generate with pdf2swf ? If not, how do I just say -- make it all 100%
> fit ?

If I were you I wouldn't bother to alter the bbox dimensions.  Simply let
pdf2swf
do it's job.  You can control the width, height, and scaling of the viewport
frame
directly, and the swf inside it will automatically re-size to fit.  Here are the
commands to play with,

swfc script             Actionscript ( .action section )
===========             =======================
viewport height=100     viewport._width=100;
viewport height=100     viewport._height=180;
viewport scale=30%      viewport._xscale= 30 ( in % )
                        viewport._xscale= 40 ( in % )

Incidentally, if you choose to combine the two swfs as one with pdf2swf,  you
don't
need to use 'viewport'. It only has meaning because the supplied viewers contain
that specific name.  Any defined movie container name in your viewer swf will do
just as well. Say your viewer code contained,

.sprite dataContainer
      .put spot x=0 y=0
.end

then your pdf2swf command would be..

    pdf2swf -o loadswf.swf  dataContainer=x9.swf

That said, I'd still keep them separate.  Better control.

Regards,

Chris.
--
<address@hidden>